Current Office Protocols
Our top priority is keeping our patients and our staff safe!
- Highline has upgraded our HVAC system by adding the iWave Ion generator. It improves air quality and kills bacteria, molds and viruses, including Coronavirus, to further protect our patients and staff.
- All patient visits including adjustment and dispensing of glasses will need to have a scheduled appointment. We will not be able to accommodate “drop-in” patients until further notice.
- All patients will be asked wellness questions upon arrival.
- All staff will have their temperature monitored upon entering the building. Any staff member with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be sent home.
- All people entering the building will be required to wear a mask. Please bring yours with you.
- We request that patients not bring additional family members with them unless necessary for care (such as a parent with a child or someone needing assistance).
Safety & cleanliness protocols
- Observe social distancing to the best of your ability. There are certain brief procedures where we must be closer, such as adjusting and measuring glasses and the health portion of the eye exam.
- We have ample space in our building to have good distancing while providing care.
- The only people in the exam room will be the doctor, patient (with possibly one parent or caretaker, if necessary) and an optometric technician.
- Plexiglass dividers are placed at check-in/check-out for an additional layer of protection.
- Patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer prior to being seated in the exam room.
- Staff will wash their hands prior to patient encounters.
- All patient care areas will be cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis throughout the day.
- We will have pens available for use when needed and will be cleaning them between patients. However, you are welcome to use your own pen.
- All optical frames will be disinfected after a patient has tried them on.
- All common areas of the building will have handles, light switches, door knobs, etc. cleaned regularly throughout the day. There will be disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer placed throughout the office, so please feel free to clean any area you will be touching.